Monday, July 28, 2008

From the childhood...

Yesterday, I was coming back from Mumbai, and on the way I was thinking what all events I remember from my childhood. And I came up with these (few which came first in my mind):

- My first day in school. Yes, I remember going to the principal office with mom for admission. I still remember my first book. It was a book with polythene cover with A,B,C written on it. Although it has all the subjects covered in it :-).
- My stuffed horse, and the toy jeep, I used to drive at my uncle's place.
- My friend cycle. I didn't have it :-(.
- Meeting with Mudgil first time. We met in the school bus 24 years back :-). And he is still one of the best friend I have. We talk once or twice in the year, but still we know almost everything about each other.
- I still remember that I always wanted to go to dad's office, but I could never go there. In fact till today, I never entered the premises of his office. And I wonder how!
- Whenever I used to see raindrops, I used to feel that I have something special in me and that I can see them and tell everyone that it's raining :-), before everyone else can find out. Today, I just smile of that thought.
- First time I rode my bicycle after almost 1 year of continuous effort in standard 1st.
- Some fine day,me and bro used to start laughing on something without any reason, and we will keep doing it until we get scolded from dad or someone else at home; Because we could never tell why were we laughing (actually what used to happen was, we used to forget why we started, frankly!).
- Going and plucking bairs and other fruits from the garden near Vedu's house. We did get caught few times ;-), and did get hurts from thorns so many times :-(
- Our bicycle rides to school. They were so much fun everyday.Without getting down me and Love Light (his name was Prem Prakash) used to change the driver. We used to be too good in doing that. I still feel good about it.
- I could never understood how Jyoti (my classmate during 1st to 8th standard) could figure out what it means by "chakkar aana". She always used to go home early using those word "Ma'am mujhe chakkar aa raha hai". I could figure out what it means only in standard 8th, after experience the mary-go-round over too much speed! I was jealous throughout my childhood that I could not go home early!
- I never enjoyed even a single rainy day. Why rain always used to stop just at the last moment :-(. At least ek baar to hona tha yaar!! I heard; now a days every winter people in Kanpur also get winter vacation too! I am jealous!!!
- I still remember seeing my best friend first time.
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Looks like, I have got good memory,and if I kept writing, it will be too long :-)

Let me stop here itself :-)

2 comments:

Deepthi said...

Amazing Blog :)

Mustaf said...

Good one...your relationship with that friend of yours name Mudgil is quite unique..

You rode your first bi-cycle at 1st standard!!!I think i was riding my father's one in 3rd-4th and got mine in 5th..but would also have liked to see some uncensored / embarassed memory, too..[:p]