Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Boredom...

The word with which most of us will be aware of :-). I know the three characters which came just before the period "." get disappear once you are in this state. I mean the state of euphoria and boredom are just enemy of each other. As two swords can not live in one "holster", they can not live in same person. And all of us know which sword we want anyways :-).

By the way, If I am inditing about this right now, it implicitly means that I am not in that state, as that state is like a monster. It just eats away all your thoughts, and put you in a world where you really don't know what to do.

As I mentioned, I feel that it is just a state of mind, and nothing else!! So, to come out of it, you just have to fool your brain. Just give it some nice food to eat, and it will forget that it was in that state sometime back. If you can believe me, just go and watch a comedy movie,and all your ennui would have gone for a toss.

Actually just now I realized that although above thing may not work at all times, as boredom is also of different kinds :-(.But it does work most of the times:

Ephemeral Boredom: This type of boredom comes just like that, without any reasons. Sometimes you are bored just like that.I have gone through this state several times, e.g. if I sit at home for more than 24 hours, suddenly, I start feeling that something has terribly gone wrong,I mean, without any reasons at all! But I know this kind of boredom is short-living ,and if I follow what I said above; Bingo!!!! It works :-)

Persistent Boredom
: This is of some specific type, where you get into tedium state because of something tedious, or because of something too simplistic and monotonous .... Booooooooo :-(.... you are gone man!! So believe me, it's better that you catch it before it actually starts, and take some preemptive actions to avoid it. Because, if you get into this state, it is gonna eat-up hell lot of your time and energy. And only way to come out of this is: "A Big Change!!".

I know that it is impossible to save yourself from this virtual-behemoth, but I believe that if one consciously keep this (not to get into this state) in mind, and take necessary actions; the frequency of this can be reduced for sure.

Okay, Okay, Let me not bore you anymore. Oh Man! I don't think that I have covered this type above, but I am sure that you already know what to do here :-)

No comments: