Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cherry Blossom

Winters in Seoul are almost over, and that becomes the most amazing season of the year. The days are warm, sunshine is yellowish, and the breeze is soothing; trees are getting leaves back, and the place is becoming lush green and colorful with days. Seeing the sun rising behind the hills from our balcony while sipping that hot-tea in the morning is becoming a visual delight to me.

The cherry trees are in bloom, and everybody seems to be getting rid of their heavy jackets and winter-clothings. After the cruel winter, weather is again becoming pleasant, and It becoming fun to wander around in the Sun. The beauty of the season touches some vein in my heart, and I recall all the experiences that I have had at this place. Some of them were really bad, but many people helped me unexpectedly. Some of them were really good, and I was really fortunate to have nice people around me to share my joys.

One month back when I came to this place, on an official trip, with few colleagues; I did not know that the bond of fraternity will become so strong in so less days, and it will look so true to me. The kind of affection and care, I got from them is immense, and can never be forgotten. All of them are so nice that it feels bad even to think about even one of them going back leaving all of us here.

The place has surely changed couple of my beliefs in life. The place seems to offering me a new confidence in the fields which were always gray to me. The amazing public transport system is giving a feel of being independent even if I am out of my own country which used to be the biggest problem ,for me, in united states.

Communicating with people without knowing their native-language as well as lack of common-language ( sometimes) gives me a reason to learn a new language itself.

Playing Squash gives me an insight that it is not as difficult as it was always being projected to me in college days. Guys! the ball does not come as-fast as you used to tell me always :-(. I wish! I could have tried it there itself at least once.

I always feel that new place always gives you a new energy. May be, it is because you find so many new things, in so less time, that you keep forgetting about all your old stuff, and just get busy in things coming in-front of you. Anyways, that fits into my philosophy of life, i.e. "Life is a time-pass". So, the lesser you realize where time is going, the better it is for you :-).

Right now I seem to find this place very interesting; people are nice, facilities are awesome, culture seems different, and learning seems to be very fast. So, let me enjoy the Cherry Blossom for sometime, and we will see how does it go forward :-)

No comments: