Saturday, September 20, 2008

Are you eligible to knock me ?

Have you ever felt that if you receive a criticism from your family, or friends you feel more irritated, and angry than from the people you don't know (or you don't care) ? At least I do!

I really do not want to know what my parents,my family,my friends, and my colleagues think of me. Because I am afraid that:

1. I may not take their criticism nicely.
2. I may get offended that they do not understand my situation, or just recognize the difference in our opinions about things.
3. I like to think that I am a really caring person and their true opinion may contradict it
4: I may feel bad that even if they know me in and out, and my situation sayin7-g it.
5: I may think that when I accept you the way you are a feel that my critical remarks may put you down, then why you don't think in the same way as I do.
6: Most of the time, I myself know that I am not good at certain thing, so why to tell me again and again. if you can not motivate me, you are not the one who is suppose to demotivate me either/

But apart from all these reasons, I think the bottom line is that I chose to interact with all these people, and live with all these people because I do not expect these people to evaluate me. I wish to be accepted by these people as a person that I am, with all my strengths and foibles, and still feel loved and cared for. I do realize that as individuals, they will hold certain opinions about me, and these will be mixed opinions. But as long as they love me and are on my side, I am happy.

No, I really do not need to know what they think of me. I just want them to be on my side.

I know that some people might disagree wit the idea, but let me tell you that this is what I want, so please do it if possible :-).

And if you really want to be captious to me then please make sure that the timing is appropriate, and the way you tell me is also not disheartening, because as a human being my immediate future might get affected by your criticism. And I don't like it. So if you really want to pass the annotation, make sure it is not impacting my contiguous future for sure..

No comments: