Saturday, September 20, 2008

Human body and the Machine

Sometime back I got a wonderful and enlightening thought, and that is- There is not much of a difference between human body and other machines. You might be wondering why I am telling this after all. Let me tell you something. I realized that whenever I fell sick in the past (although I don't fall sick very often - touch wood) I always got a feeling that it is not going to be cured.. I mean whether it was a small -when I almost broke my thumb while doing skating in college- or when I got a severe cold few years back. I remember that I always had a feeling that it will always be like that, and don't know what will happen! Somewhere I should say that I was always treating human body in a different way compare to other machines.Because whenever any thing else goes bad, I always know that I can get it repaired! So then I realized someday, that why to take this thing differently ?

And hence I could draw a conclusion that in some ways or the other they are actually very similar:

- While reading human biology I realized that the too many laws of physics get applied to body as well.
- If you don't clean or do proper maintenance of the machine, it goes bad! and similarly it happens for the human body. (so do the proper care of your body, one apple a day, keeps the doctor away :-)). By the way, do you know that if you put lemon on a cut apple pieces, it does not go brown for hours :-) and tastes good too :-)
- If machine can be repaired, body can be repaired too :-). So just don't worry if you fell sick sometime. You will be cured, just take proper care, and medication.
- Body is like elastic, the more you stretch, the more it can be used... So just don't think that you are getting tired. It's like your brain, the more you use it, the more you get :-). I think, here it is little opposite to machine ;-),But still let me keep it here. ..
- A yearly checkup may help you keeping an eye on yourself :-). I mean I am sure you are always ready to give your car/bike for servicing in few months. So why not our self ?

Anyways, philosophy bahot ho gayi :-).

Let me go and grab my dinner now...

No comments: