Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let me take it in a positive way rather...

Today while driving back home ,I was thinking about my professional life which started more than six years back.And on the spur of the moment I realized that, I have worked with more than 10 boss' till now:-). And have gotten few milestone comments as well :-). So here they are,with my reaction on them :-)

Manager: "Manish has his own set of rules with which he lives!!"....
Me: Boo boo boo!! What the heck is that ? I am not such a bad guy, damm it!! How come, I have created such a brilliant (actually "not" gate se nikalne ka hai) imprint about myself. There should be something wrong.Let me go and discuss it right away!!
Me: Hi! I saw that you gave this (???) feedback to me, just wanted to know why is it like that ? I mean why did I deserve this much :-)?
Mananger: Oh! No... You got it in the wrong way! I meant it the other way round :-). I meant that you do the work in your own way, and it's good..
Me: Is it ? Okay! But when I read it from a third persons perspective, It gives me a different impression.. :-(.
Manager: Com'on, when did you start bothering about these things ?
Me: Hmm... "what does that mean :S, I do care about all that..** "okay, fine. I will take it in a positive way then... Thanks :-)"Gurrrrrrr....***".And after that day onwards, I guess, I was needed to explain it to everyone that it was actually a "+ve" feedback.. I hope, they understood too..

Manager++: You make a very firm opinion about something, and then it is very difficult to change it.
Me: Multalb ? Is it a positive one, or a negative one :S.
Manager: I mean, once you form a opinion, it is almost impossible to change you. It needs lot of hard work to convince you about something. May be because you already do so much background work, that you have all the facts already analyzed!
Me: Heehee... Let me take it as a positive thing then again ;-). So, unless you convince me, I am right!!! "Why can't they give it in the forthright way, or may be I don't get it... No idea!!!...".

It was when I resigned from Mot six years back (don't be surprised, I did that..:)Just after my first year completion in Mot.I didn't have any specific reason though(..??). Anyways...

Manager++: Why do you want to go ?
Me: Hmmm.. Nothing specific, I mean, I don't have any issues though. Just that I want a change.
Manager: Okay, so you can get a changes here also. Change your project, work on some different thing ...
Me: "Arre yaar jaane do naa, please**".. But I am looking for a big change. Give me two years, I will come back to Mot.
Manager: Why don't you give me just six months, and if you don't like it. I will not ask you go stay back again.
Me: " ab kya bolun yaar.......................". Okay :-(

And those six months of my professional life got converted to beautuful six professional years. But...!!!!

5 years Later... I resigned again.

Manager++ ;Manager--;......

Manager: Shall I try to stop you again :-)
Me: Nope, I am not giving any month this time :-(.

I am really grateful to all the managers/mentors I had. I think I had an amazing time with them till today, and I wish that I will have a same or better life going ahead too :-).

**: Ye sab dimaag k ander ki baat hai ;-)

No comments: